Thursday 6 March 2014

Secrets

My absence can be explained.  Much like a cat with a large tropical bird in my mouth coughing feathers, I've been holding onto a secret to the point that I could burst.  

Baby number 1 is on the way.  

There.  Feathers gone.  

But can I say that secrets and food really don't mix.

Case in point -  Christmas this year was probably my worst Christmas ever.  

My mother brought enough Jamon de Bellota to feed an army, which I diligently passed around looking demure and like-I-don't-want-to-over-indulge. 

My sister-in law made her own foie which, ethics aside, made me shed a bitter tear as I politely declined, again looking like I'd just arrived from a 2 week detox in Thailand.  

The home cured gravalax didn't help either.  

Seriously, until this year, I hadn't realized what a nightmare Christmas could be.  My own solace was found in the grilled scallops..and even that was questionable.


4 comments:

  1. Many, many congratulations, Georgina!!
    Lots of love from Ruth and GrahamXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    My name is Joyce, I am a marketing executive at expatfinder.com which is a leading expat information and services website.

    I saw on your blog that you are and expat. I wish to interview you to further share some of your tips. The questions are mainly about the housing, the daily life etc.
     
    It just takes 5 minutes (or more depending if you have lots to say :)
     
    Of course, if you accept we can add a link to your blog or some of your website. 
    If you are interested to participate at this project, please send me an email at interview@expatfinder.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Hong Kong is considered to be a large nation because of its total area. Its total land area is 2,755 km² (approx. 1,064 mi²). Continental shelf of Hong Kong is approximately 0 km² (around 0 mi²).
    http://www.confiduss.com/en/jurisdictions/hong-kong/geography/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete